vendredi 7 décembre 2007

NAKED RAY GUN June 1989 - Théatre Dunois - The 'France 0 point / USA 1 point' night

Another 'adventurous' gig. I was just there to discover what is US hardcore and things got very bad with the first act french hardcore band. I even forgot their fucking name. it was C .R. A. P. I Coudn't stand it and sat at the back of the hall with my head in my knees and my hands on my ears ... Naked ray gun were very good, energetic hardcore but very light with good tracks. They seemed to be kind and sympathetic and happy to play. Rather encouraging in this merciless rock world. They made a cover of the Buzzcocks and the bass players wears a 'the Who' sticker on his instrument. References were good! Problem was that it asked a lot to someone to be fan of an underestimated and ignored band in France and on the other side of the Atlantic.

Encore une fois voilà un concert "aventure". Je suis là pour découvrir et ça commence très mal avec le groupe de hardcore français de première partie, dont j'ai oublié le nom. C'était tout bonnement horrible!!! J'étais assis au fond en me tenant la tête à deux mains et en me bouchant les oreilles....Naked ray gun sont par contre très bons avec un hardcore énergique sans être bourrin, des morceaux qui se tiennent bien et une simplicité qui fait plaisir, tant elle devenue rare dans le monde impitoyable du rock. Ils font une reprise desBuzzcocks et le bassiste a un auto-collant des Who sur sa basse. References are good! Il faut tout de même en vouloir pour être fan tant le groupe semble ignoré et sous estimé ici comme de l'autre côté de l'atlantique.

Aucun commentaire: