jeudi 14 février 2008

JESUS & THE MARY CHAIN December 1989 - Elysées Montmartre - The 'white boys can't dance' night

Forced snoberry. Tonight the crowd agreed it was time to turn their nose up at the mary chain (Could someone tell me why these people were here?). An average lp, a new lining up and the use of rythm boxes were enough reasons for the parisian intelligentsia to spit on this band, they adored a few times ago. As I saw them in London, I was the only one to disagreed. I could tell you that pretending that the gig was good made me lost the 50% of rock credibility people still credited me for. In the end people didn’t even listen to me and turned their backs on me, I wasn’t interesting anymore, I was the fool that got everything wrong about whom nobody care. It was me! And without any snoberry, the first part act EAT were the greatest rock band in the world!

Snobisme oblige, ce soir le public s'est donné le mot pour descendre les MARY CHAIN en flamme (pourquoi y sont venus si y z'aiment pas?). Un album moyen, une nouvelle formation et une boîte à rythmes ont suffit pour que l'intelligentsia rock parisienne sente le vent tourner et tire à boulets rouges sur ce groupe qu'ils avaient adoré il y a peu. Seul moi qui les ai vu en Angleterre suit de l'avis contraire. Je dois avouer que j'ai perdu ce soir les 50% de crédibilité rock qui me restaient en soutenant que le concert était plutôt bon. A la fin les gens ne m'écoutaient même plus, je n'étais plus intéressant, quelconque, l'imbécile qui a tout faux, dont l'avis ne compte pas. C'était moi! Quant à EAT en première partie, sans snobisme aucun, c'est le plus grand groupe de rock du monde!.

Aucun commentaire: