jeudi 3 avril 2008

DAVID BOWIE April 1990 - Bercy - The 'last chance' night

Bowie had disappointed me at the La Courneuve gig but I wanted to give him a second chance contrary to Iggy Pop or the Cramps. On the principle that the Bercy hall wasn’t so big if you were right in front of the stage, here I am standing in front of the thin white duke. Waiting for the beginning of the show everybody was seated ont the ground except me straight as a 'I' during one hour (that made my friends have a nervous laugh). Suddenly, everybody got on their feet and rushed toward the stage except me straight as a 'I', motionless. That’s attitude! Fuck you teenagers ! White he still was, thin, nearly but duke no more at all. It’s evident the man still has some rests of a great past, but it’s only rests, beautiful rests indeed but rests. Bowie still lingers on the way home but he’s on his way, inexorably!

Si Bowie m'avait déçu à la courneuve je tenais quand même a lui donné une seconde chance, contrairement à Iggy Pop ou aux Cramps. Partant du principe que Bercy n'est pas forcément une grade salle si on se trouve dans la fosse, me voici donc en face du Thin white duke. En attendant le concert tout le monde est assis par terre sauf moi, droit comme un I. D'un coup la foule se lève comme un seul homme et se rue vers l'avant de la scène, sauf moi droit comme un I, comme immobile. Attitude, attitude...fuck you teenagers! White, il l'est encore, Thin presqu' encore et Duke plus du tout. Il est évident que le personnage à des restes d'un grand passé, mais voilà, ce ne sont que des restes, de beaux restes certes, mais des restes. Bowie traîne un peu sur le chemin du retour mais il est en route, inéxorablement!

Aucun commentaire: