vendredi 7 mars 2008

MUDHONEY December 1989 - Cirque A. Fratellini - the "I was born with a guitar in my hand" night

I didn’t knew ! I didn’t knew that that same evening Ian Mc Culloch was playing at the Locomotive. You could see how much anguished I was. To tell you the truth I was very distracted during the show as I was obsessed by the thought of being late for Ian’s show. 'Underneath what' were post goth glam rock, sure, they won’t last long ... 'Mudhoney' were very funny, ending their grunge gig on a metal band parody, mimicking the most awfull 'status quo' positions on never ending guitar solos, rolling on the ground with their hairs all over to form a pile of bodies ... but still playing. That was worth a laugh ... the 'Hypnotics' seemed to be unable to do anything else than copy the Stones or the Stooges. Fuck them! I left during their set and missed the 'white zombies' one (phew!). I ran at the Locomotive to see Mac’s set ... I’m on my way kids ...

Ayant appris par la bouche d'un traître que Ian Mc Culloch passait ce soir à minuit à la loco, vous voyez dans quel état d'angoisse je pouvais être. Autant vous dire que le concert m'est un peu passé au dessus de la tête, tant j'étais obnubilé par l'idée d'arriver à temps à la loco. UNDERNEATH WHAT se la jouent glam rock post new wave, autant dire qu'il ne se la joueront pas longtemps...MUDHONEY sont vraiment très drôles, finissant leur concert, forcément grunge, sur une parodie de groupe metal, prenant les pires pauses de STATUS QUO sur des solos interminables, se roulant par terre et les uns sur les autres en agitant leurs longs cheveux dans tous les sens. A mourir de rire...les HYPNOTICS quant à eux paraissent incapables de faire autre chose que de copier les STONES et les STOOGES. Brisons là très chers, tant pis pour la fin de leur set et celui des WHITE ZOMBIES (ouf!). Je file à la loco pour voir Mac...I'm on my way kids...

Aucun commentaire: