vendredi 12 octobre 2007

HAPPY MONDAYS / MY BLOODY VALENTINE March 1989 - New morning - The 'acid house' night

The mondays knew it was their night or were really off theirs heads and made everybody wait for them for one long hour under pounding acid house beats, which left the rock crowd crazy and hateful. I shut my mouth because I was the only one enjoying it, as for the first time, these sounds got up to my mind, and won't leave me for ages, T Coy, 808 state, A guy called gerald, it was ace!! Lost in the smoke, blinded by the strobes, hypnotized by Bez's psychotic dance, it was the best concert I have ever done. Shaked by the insistent and hypnotic rythms of the drugged mancunian dealers I dance like mad (You notice, I said 'dance' and not 'move' ... something is happening!). The whole of My bloody valentine were also dancing near the stage, sending back in hell a generation of dogmatic rockers. Big groove! Big shock! MBV don't miss their show with their pop, all noise and feedback, but Happy mondays stole the prize. During their set one of the mondays came and jumped into the crowd ... we were all out of our heads!

Les mondays se font désirer pendant une bonne heure pendant laquelle le public pète les plombs et crache sa haine de l'acid house. Moi je dis rien, ces sons ça me rend dingue, ça m'a plu tout de suite. Putain ma crédibilité!!. Noyé dans les fumigènes, étourdi par le martèlement des beats house, aveuglé par les stroboscopes, hypnotisé par la danse psychotique de Bez, à ce jour, le meilleur concert que j'ai jamais fait; secoué par les rythmes lancinant et hypno des dealers mancuniens, complètement défoncés, je danse comme un fou (vous avez remarqué j'ai pas dit je bouge, j'ai dit je danse...something is happening) . My bloody valentine dansent d'ailleurs aussi sur le côté de la scène, renvoyant une génération de rockers dogmatiques dans les cordes. Big groove! Big choc!...attendus au tournant MBV ne le loupent pas avec leur noisy pop assénée à coups de larsens et de feed back, mais ils se font quand même voler la vedette par les mondays, dont un des membres vient danser sur scène et se jetter dans le public...le délire!

Aucun commentaire: