mardi 6 mars 2007

THE ALARM June 1984 - Eldorado - The 'I feel like a freak' night

My first small gig. I feel like a stranger in a strange world, as the reason I was there was I have listened to one song (68 guns) that make me thought of Clash, on radio station 'la voix du lezard'. This being the result of the growing influence of the free pirates radio stations in the suburbs, giving access to new music to people like me .... me, the Rolling stones, the Who, Hendrix and Marley's fan going to some punky new wave gig? The crowd was very stylish, hairs done, make ups etc. The band play hard from the beginning to the end and I think I look enough weird to be tolerated by these new wave blokes (I was wearing an anorak. This will have some importance in my life later, even if I didn't knew it at the time). I even move my feets (I couldn't say dance at this time as I thought true rockers didn't dance) for the first time, defying my own anorak boy's shiness. The place, an old theater, was very beautiful. Going out I make this definitive sentence : 'I will come back!'

Mon premier petit concert. Autant vous dire que j'arrive là dans un monde étranger sur la foi d'un morceau assez clashien "68 guns" entendu sur la voix du lézard. De l'impact des radios libres dans les banlieues... Moi, le fan des Stones, des Who, de Hendrix et Marley, chez les punks et new wave. Eh oui le public est hyper looké, mèches, maquillages etc. Le groupe a la pêche du début à la fin et mon non look (je suis en anorak, ça aura son importance plus tard) devait me rendre assez bizarre pour que je ne me fasse pas jeter. j'ai même bougé (on dit pas danser quand on est un rocker) pour la première fois surmontant ma grande timidité d'anorak boy. La salle est par ailleurs vraiment belle. Je sors en proclamant : "je reviendrais!"

Aucun commentaire: